Saturday, August 31, 2013

Owls for Atlantic Hearts Sketch #18

Happy Labor Day Weekend!  Today's card was made following the Atlantic Hearts Sketch #18.  I liked this sketch right away and originally thought I would feature 4 gifts boxes ( from Close To My Heart M1030 "A Little Gift") but I couldn't figure out how to color them to my liking so I scrapped that idea and chose the owls from Who's My Valentine Close To My Heart January Constant Campaign.  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge (pg.35) to cut the branch and leaves at 2.5" from Desert Sand and New England Ivy CS.  The owls were stamped on Whisper CS with Slate ink and their beaks were colored with an Autumn Terracotta Alcohol marker.  The background panel is Champagne CS with a Barn Red panel.  The "Smile" greeting is from  "Washi Wonder" a Hostess only reward from Close To My Heart (check out page 6 of the new Idea Book) and was stamped in Barn Red Ink.  Wiggle eyes were attached with Mini-Glue Dots and the owls were popped up with 3D Foam Tape.  I  really like how this card turned out!


This is the Atlantic Hearts Sketch that inspired me:


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie


10 comments:

Michelle said...

so cute! the little owls just make me smile. thanks for entering the AHSC!

Michelle Stewart said...

I love the owls, they are so uber cute. Thanks for playing along with us on Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Unknown said...

My goodness could those owls be ANY CUTER??? LOVE the googly eyes!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

Patty said...

Love the owls!

Unknown said...

This is so cute. !! I love those owls. Great job on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us at AHSC

cr8iveme said...

Your card is a hoot.

Thank you for joining us at AHSC.

Hugs,
Mary, AHSC DT

Brandi said...

Super adorable, love love love it!

Jessica K said...

LOVE the owls! Very cute! :) Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts! :)

Krista Ritskes said...

Just adorable! Love it. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts.

Unknown said...

Great job. Congrats on making top 3 with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge !!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...